Birth control reccomendations?

I am 28 weeks pregnant now but need to start thinking birth control. I have heard so many bad things about the ones the doc puts in but I need something with no hormones. I used to always use the patch and was fine with it but when I got back on it after having my daughter it didnt mix well with me. (made me very angry) So, what can you reccomend of a non-hormonal BC that doesnt have a bad or scary wrap to it?? What makes it so great. What are side affects? Tell me what you know:) thanks ladies! Wasnt sure where to post....

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 3:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I'm very happy with my paraguard IUD. All you can really do is research everything and talk to your doc about what the best options for you are considering your medical history.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I was in the same boat. Hormones did not mix with me. I was depressed and mad at the world! We are done having kids, so I had the Essure procedure. So far so good! This is not for those who still wish to have children. It can't be reversed, so if you are looking for something temporary, this is not for you, but keep it in mind for later down the road.
    icook

Answer by icook at 4:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I have the Mirena IUD and I have been nothing but confused and upset about it since I got it.

I had no female part health problems prior to getting it but now have Endometriosis and uncontrollable bleeding. I can't without a doubt pin it on the Mirena but I can't completely rule it out either. It releases Progesterone though so you probably would want it anyway.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2008