After nine years how do you get the spark back in your marrage??

spoild-brat

Asked by spoild-brat at 3:37 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Start going on dates again. Put romance back in your marriage. Make an effort. A lot of people get too comfortable in marriages and the spark dies. Do what you can to mix it up a little
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 3:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Remind yourselves what got you together in the first place and do those things that you used to do together. Have a date night a couple of times a month even if it's just doing a movie at home.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• The trick is not too ever loose it. I have been married 39 years and our love has always been the spark to ignite the fire, and not to get into a rut, you have to use your imagination and think of how it was in the beginning of the relationship, and go from there.

Answer by older at 3:41 PM on May. 3, 2011

• we go on date nights even if it is just for coffee for an hour. We also make a point of talking to each other and taking the time for each other. If one of us feels that the other drifting because of stress and life we talk to about it.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:41 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Get some sexy lingerie, a sweet card, some flowers. Have a night out. Marriage is work! Most people feel that once you say "I do" all the work has been done, but if you treat your marriage like you did when you first met and were dating him, it helps.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:42 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Take a vacation...alone (meaning just you & him) buy some sexy lingerie...etc. you know what I mean *wink* enjoy each other. Find a way to re-bond. Do fun things together. Laugh! We often forget about the little things that are so important due to familiarity or a routine of years, work, stress. Get away from it all and just enjoy each other. A camping trip to the lake & skinny dip in the pool. Play like children... ride bikes, horses, watch a sunset and make out in the back of the car. I think you get the picture.... Have FUN!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 3:44 PM on May. 3, 2011

• think about some of the first things you did together and do them again. Your first amusment park, road trip, etc
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 3:52 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I think that many couples have unreasonable expectations of marriage. If one enters into a marriage without the expectation of romance, it can be an enriching partnership with mutual respect. We women want to be swept off our feet and melted down to a puddle from the fiery passions of a hunky man who has eyes for no other woman. Fantasy. I think that men want to marry a woman for regular sex, children perhaps, someone to wash their dirty underwear, cook, and take care of the babies. I'm on my 2nd marriage and other ladies I've known more, and it usually boils down to these basics. If you can summon up some mutual interests, enjoy similar pursuits, and appreciate the positive character traits & talents in each other, the marriage is solid. Living life can be a boring proposition to some while to others everything is an adventure. It's mostly a mental attitude just like the largest sex organ is the mind.
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 6:18 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Keep your relationship new, and fun. There is nothing worse for a man to come home to than a boring, complaining, woman who has no life in her.
    Sherribowdenjr

Answer by Sherribowdenjr at 6:25 PM on May. 3, 2011