Contributing without money..

Does anyone know how i could go about sending clothes to children in other countries? I am unable to "adopt a child" because of financial reasons but have plenty of childrens clothes. Thanks.

sydsmom2

Asked by sydsmom2 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't believe someone bashed you for sending things to CHILDREN. Anyway, I agree to check with your local Red Cross.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I know that when hurricanes hit, Andrew, Katrina, and the last one in Haiti, my local fire department was collecting clothing, etc for kids.

Goodwill doesn't do this?
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 3:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• http://www.cbn.com/worldreach/worldreach_contact.aspx -maybe you can write or call an ask CBN about donating your clothes?
    Anonymous

• Also I've noticed some "planet aide" boxes around walmart that you drop off clothes and I think they disperse them to 3rd world countries.
    Anonymous

• I think most of the goodwill things use donations to sell at their thrift stores. I have to wonder how many things actually go to needy families. That being said, I do like Goodwill.

OP, I don't know how you would be able to donate clothing to children in other countries, but have you checked into organizations for battered women? Many times women (with their children) will flee their home only with the clothing on their backs. It would probably be pretty easy to find a women's shelter in your area. A simple call could determine what sort of donations they accept. But, if you are most interested in helping kids in other countries, maybe a google search could help. Good luck!

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Heres a thought!

WHY DON'T YOU DONATE THESE CLOTHES TO CHILDREN IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY??

KIDS HERE NEED CLOTHES!!

Anonymous

• I agree that there are many needy organizations in our country, but it really is up to the giver as to where their donations should go. It's possible that the OP has an idea of where she would like her donation to go but doesn't know exactly how to get it there. Charity is charity, no matter where it goes.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• what size of clothes i could use some!!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Contact the American Red Cross. Goodwill does not donate to other countries.

I would offer a suggestion that you could pseudo adopt a child through different national charities and provide them with holiday gifts, food, and financial assistance.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• You know what you anon 4:10 beotch..i DO donate to ppl in my area..BUT i also want to help others ..Heres a thought! Show your ugly face!
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2008