I think I'm addicted to Coke soda. How do I stop drinking it?

I recently started drinking 44 oz or more of Coke a day. I stop at the gas station each morning before work and get a 44 oz and then drink that and sometimes get another one on the way home from work. I went a couple yrs without drinking soda, but recently I've been bad. How do I stop? I'm steadily gaining weight and have to do something fast!

sneakyboo

Asked by sneakyboo at 4:04 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Health

• I don't think you can go cold turkey because you will have withdrawal symptoms. Try to drink less and less while trying other drinks that you may like. I never drank as much coke as you do, but when I decided that I need to replace it with a healthier alternative, I started buying different kind of teas and I finally found one that I love to make as an ice tea and have alone or with my meals. The way I look at it, it's my body and health I have to think about. Drinking that much soda will put you on the road to diabetes. Good luck.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 4:14 PM on May. 3, 2011

• diet pop is more dangerous than traditional pop. aspartame VS real sugar. A known cancer causer against something that may or may NOT cause you diabetes eventually.

also those of u saying just stop buying it or quit cold turkey: be careful the advice you give. it's dangerous and unwise. she could get crippling migraines from caffeine withdrawals. Best not give medical advice on subjects you obviously know nothing about.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:17 PM on May. 3, 2011

• back off of it slowly
    get a 32 oz,then a 24,etc

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:06 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Stop buying it!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:06 PM on May. 3, 2011

• YOU ARE NOT ALONE ;D LOL I am in fact addicted to Coca Cola as well, actually all soda for that matter LOL :( It sucks and its SOOO HARD to give up!!! :((((
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 4:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Wean yourself off of it. lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 4:08 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Im a huge Dr. Pepper addict. It is so bad that I actually get headaches if I go the whole day without drinking any caffeine. So for me, I wouldn't be able to just quit cold turkey. But would have to slowly limit myself. Which Im not ready to do yet ;) Good luck!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 4:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I know I'm addicted to coke.I will bump.
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 4:10 PM on May. 3, 2011

• wean w/ water. for every bottle of can of coke you consume, force yourself to drink a bottle of water as well.

likely its more about the caffeine than the sugar or the love of coke...... drinking extra water and WEANING (not stopping cold turkey) will prevent headaches and mood drama
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:14 PM on May. 3, 2011

• The only way to stop is stop, believe me I know its hard. Get some bottled water and some crystal light if you dont like plain water and keep it at work and at home. Its something you have to work on. If yo udo pull into get a pop get a small one.The gas station knows meits not good and I have been trying to stop as well, good luck!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 4:14 PM on May. 3, 2011