Sensitive stomach

My daughter is on enfamil gentlease because she has a hard time digesting her formula. I started her on cereal a week ago and I think its upsetting her stomach. Is there a cereal for sensitive stomach. I have been looking but haven't found anything yet.

amhartman0131

Asked by amhartman0131 at 4:10 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you doing rice cereal? I think that is about as basic as it gets. If it is bothering her I would stop giving her the cereal and either wait a bit longer to start solids as her stomach just may not be ready, or just skip cereal and go to sweet potatoes or something like that instead. I don't think there's a whole lot of nutritional value in the cereal anyway.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:13 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Cereal is hard to digest and you never need to feed baby cereal. The youngest it should be given is 6 months.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:16 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Exactly what Gailll said. Cereal is actually REALLY hard for any baby to digest, it is NEVER really needed and babies need no food before 6 months. I would go for avocado chunks and banana and baked sweet potatoes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:29 PM on May. 3, 2011