My 2 Year old is having dental work tomorrow.. she will be getting happy gas..

My baby girl is having her first ever dental work(other than check ups and cleaning). They are going to put white caps on her front 2 teeth, and a silver cap on one in the back... She has bad teeth and always has! Their weak! They will be giving her "happy gas" ive been watching the youtube video's about the toddler's getting happy gas,, im soo nervous for her!! im scared something will go wrong): What should i expect and wha are the possible side effects?? Mommy's Help ME! My hubby will be going with us.. but i am still so nervous! its my baby girl ):

txmommy75939

Asked by txmommy75939 at 4:11 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Awww, don't be worried, she will do fine. The gas is much safer than her being put under.
    Mine needed a tooth pulled really young, and they told her it was magic air from disney world :)
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:13 PM on May. 3, 2011

• with laughing gas, they start people off very slowly, and with a child so young they'll give her a teeny tiny dose. it will only be enough to get her to be calm and sit still.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:13 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I used that when I had my work done. It must calms you down and makes it so you don't feel the pain. My dentist even had different scents! Mine smelled like vanilla. Your little girl will be fine. Don't freak, or she will.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:14 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My daughter got a tooth pulled and did fine - it will be harder on you than her.
    erdavh

Answer by erdavh at 4:15 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I've been through this several times, that and sedation! I was as nervous as you are but I can tell you, in my experience,s it all went ok! Sedation is a lot scarier than laughing gas! She may have different reactions to it, my son did well and it helped, my daughter hated it. It just takes the edge off, makes it so they don't really care whats going on cause" little ones" tend to move around a lot which makes it really difficult for dentists to do what they gotta do! It will be ok, just do a little explaining to her about the mask so she wont be scared.

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 4:19 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Ur extreamly lucky, my son has had to see the dentist every 3 months since he was 8 months old due to a vitimine deficiency affecting his teeth, he got two teeth pulled (eye teeth) and his two front teeth crowned with silver in the back and white in the front- NO MEDS- NO GAS- and was TIED DOWN in a pupuse? just two weeks ago his white cap poped off half way and they refuse to fix it until 4 when he can be put into an OR because he broke free from the bondage thing that was holding him down last time...
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:12 PM on May. 3, 2011

• p.s my son was 13 mos when he got that work done, the two teeth pulled and the two capped.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:13 PM on May. 3, 2011