Personality issue with a co-leader of a girl scout troop

I'm the leader of a Daisy/Brownie girl scout troop, a co-leader is holding a grudge because our two daughters didn't get along for a while. Her behavior is petty and makes managing the troop together very stressful.

Who has been in a similar situation and how did you solve it?

erdavh

Asked by erdavh at 4:14 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Is she the ONLY coleader? if not iw ould talk to the others to get their ideas what "we could do to make a more positive environment for the girls... because ya know.. they can pick up our vibes... and see what the group thinks should be done." if she is the only i would ask her out for coffee and tell her we are going to have to work together so lets just put it all out on the table. bitch each other out. get it out of our systems, and move on and try to be nicer after we get to speak our peace... if she didnt want to work it out - i would be rid of her.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:24 PM on May. 3, 2011

• The troop split up into two troops with two leaders and the scouts choosing who they wanted to stay with. The leader closed her troop after the split since she had enough members, so the co-leader would receive any new scouts.
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 5:25 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Thanks for the answers. There is another co-leader and we have spoken, she is friends with both of us and I don't want her to be put in the middle. The woman and I have met and I thought we had agreed to have a pleasant working relationship - she however is having some difficulty letting go of her anger and resentment. Splitting the group is just not an option - I couldn't do that to the girls, my troop is in a small private school with only one class per grade. There are only 2 girls in the class who did not join the troop. Splitting the troop would have far reaching ramifications outside of our small group.

I guess I'll just have to suck it up and pretend nothing is wrong. I'll act normal and treat everyone the same as always, if she feels she needs to continue with the snide comments and silent treatment then she will just have to be responsible for her own behavior.
    erdavh

Comment by erdavh (original poster) at 5:16 PM on May. 4, 2011