I found a Kitten

I found a kitten who is around 5 or 6 weeks old. It has a cold...it was in the rain...one eye is shut..like it has cold in it. I'm buying some kitty formula for him.....They sell it at pet shops...Is there any other advice you have? He is lying in a cat carrier on a blanket..He moves around fine...my other cat doesn't like him , I hope she will adjust..anything else I can do for this kitten? Thanks

justalady774

Asked by justalady774 at 4:15 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Pets

• Bring it to the vet ASAP to see if anything major is wrong with it. And just keep it warm and fed.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:16 PM on May. 3, 2011

• aww :( poor little thing! :( if you plan on keeping it then i would just take it ur other cats vet, maybe it has an infection and it could die cuz its so young :( Good luck and kiss the little fur ball for me :')
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 4:18 PM on May. 3, 2011

• if you bring it in, you'll be surrendering it. and it sounds to me like she wants to keep it....
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:18 PM on May. 3, 2011

• He needs to be seen by a vet asap. He more then likely has an upper respiratory infection and conjunctivitis. He needs to be kept your other cat away from the kitten until he can be tested for feline aids and leukemia. He is to young for that, that can't happen until he is between 8 and 12 weeks to get an accurate result.  

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:24 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I agree with "kyliesmom5". If you have another kitty you don't want to put him at risk. This kitten could be sick with feline aids/leukemia/infection etc. and it will need proper care. Its so nice that you took him in but you should get him checked out. He could also be in pain and you may not know it. Good luck.
    anewmom3811

Answer by anewmom3811 at 4:28 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Vet asap. Your other cat will get used to it and they will be buddies.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 4:30 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Thanks everyone I'm taking him to the vet~
    justalady774

Comment by justalady774 (original poster) at 4:38 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Ditto Kyliesmom answer.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:12 PM on May. 4, 2011