What would you have done?

I was at my boyfriends softball game with my 1 yr old daughter. We were waiting along the side of the driveway at the school when someone honked behind us. I turned around to see an older lady, 60's, there trying to push us out of the way. I was livid that someone had the nerve to HONK at someone with a young child in a stroller. She could have kindly rolled down her window and asked us to please move. So what did I do? Something that I have never, repeat never, done before! I flipped the old bag the bird! She flipped it right back. She got out of her car and I told her that she could have yelled out her window instead. She just made a face a went into the school. So I said "God sees everything."
I don't usually approach confrontations..especially of this kind, so I guess being a Mom now..I'd do anything to protect my child. :P

What would you have done? Was I right? Thanks Mamas!! Please BUMP!

Ella_Bella20

Asked by Ella_Bella20 at 4:26 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• You were both in the wrong. You both acted like idiots, her for honking and you for escalating.
    Anonymous

• She was rude but you shouldnt have flipped the bird there are crazy people out there who may have had road rage at you and it isnt a good example to your child.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 4:28 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I don't see how flipping her the finger was "protecting" your child, but, I do think she deserved it.
    Anonymous

• LOLL YES!!!!!! WHAT A ......B****!!! Im with u on this one...x)
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 4:28 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I would probably have been snarky in a different way. I'd say "I'm moving as fast as I can, I can only push the stroller so hard". I get rude with people a lot in crowds when they just STAND in the middle of a walkway. I try not to curse/flip bird in front of kids.... my own or other people.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:31 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Well, if you were in the way of drivers, technically, you were in the wrong. She simply honked to alert you to get out of the way. You chose to flip her off like a kid and she chose to do the same.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:35 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Wait... you said you were just standing there waiting? What were you doing standing in a traffic thru-way with your baby? If you really want to protect your child, you might consider standing out of traffic. I would've honked too.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• HAHA! BradenIsMySon, we must've been answering at the same time!
    kenzie07

• yes i wouldv"e done same thing watching over our childern is the way to be a mom
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:55 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I think it is very inconsiderate for anyone to honk at a mother and child in a stroller unless they are in danger. Can't say that I blame you for flipping her the bird. Lol. Probably would have done the same.
    sneakyboo

Answer by sneakyboo at 4:56 PM on May. 3, 2011