Who gives a crap about bin Ladens death?

Yes, I am glad he was captured and killed. One less maniac to facilitate another attack on the US. but in all actuality as much of a mastermind he was 10 yrs ago, his men have grown in numbers more than we thought they would. He had no control over his men in the end, they were/are still going to retaliate. I feel like hunting him down all of these years was a joke and a waste of time, forces and money. Our military should have been doing more to round up the ones acting out the missions instead of the leader. What is a leader with no followers? Do we really think all will be right now? I am more scared for our country and our men now that bin Laden is dead than when he was alive. I think we need to take all the coverage off of bin Ladens death and put it all on our troops and ending all of this and bringing them home safe and sound!

2and2onway

Asked by 2and2onway at 4:29 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• im more scared now too... :( its good hes dead but ur right.. that was declaring some war!
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 4:30 PM on May. 3, 2011

• There is a heightened alert in some areas here stateside because of this. Just can't under - assume that it'll all go away.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 4:31 PM on May. 3, 2011

• i guess some people think that no leader of al-qaeda means no al-qaeda. well good thing a lot of us aren't that stupid. im glad osama was assassinated, that means WE followed through on our retaliation of 9/11. this doesn't mean that we're just calling it quits with terrorist groups and sending cotton candy and flowers to enemy countries. it just means we checked off number 1 on our list, and its the beginning of the end of the war on terror.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:34 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I just feel we should have been more reserved in the way it all went down. I really believe this is one time when the media should not reported anything.
    2and2onway

Comment by 2and2onway (original poster) at 4:34 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I really believe this is one time when the media should not reported anything.

Why does the public not deserve to know? His death marked a justice for our country.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Because of the stupid, idiotic people parading and rejoicing in the streets and the media covering it put us and our men in more danger, thats why.
    2and2onway

Comment by 2and2onway (original poster) at 4:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• really how? can you explain to me how it puts our men in more danger? incase you didn't know, our overseas military bases and fobs are extremely protected around the borders. more so now than ever, i'm sure. i can guarantee most our men over there were just as thrilled about his assassination.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:41 PM on May. 3, 2011

• OP, have faith that our government, military, and special ops have thought this all through. Capturing Bin Ladin wasn't THE objective, it was one of many actions that we are taking to ensure that we are as protected as possible against the terrorist groups. There are many other operations that have taken place and are planned on behalf of our security, we just don't talk about it. The emphasis in the media is a bit skewed.

There are many secret operations that we are not, nor should we be, privy to . . . and those are aimed at protecting us.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:43 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Oh, and I totally agree with you about the stupidity of the celebration being shown on the media. Our media channels did us no favors by reporting it as such, when there are many of us who were appropriately relieved, but would never have been reduced to getting drunk in the streets and chanting about an all-around very-serious set of events.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:48 PM on May. 3, 2011

• It's one thing to be thrilled about it and its another to throw parties in the middle of the street, dancing to the death of someone who has followers not only over there but here in the US also. Yes, our men are protected, but Al Qaeda (sp?) aren't that stupid. They are going to retaliate more now with all the media coverage of the news of the death here in the US. I agree that this was a huge deal for our military and I also am very glad he is gone, but i still fear that our men and women overseas as well as innocent civilians here in the US are in grave danger.
    2and2onway

Comment by 2and2onway (original poster) at 4:49 PM on May. 3, 2011