Help making friends after married with kids?

Before I was married I had many friends now it seems so difficult
I have tried church groups and joined the gym, but everyone is so busy
I find that I meet alot of nice people who I enjoy talking with but nobody that is looking to do
An intimate friendship

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• What happened to the old friends? I'm still in touch and regularly visit with my pre-marriage/pre-kids friends.
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way, its hard because I really don't have time to spend outside the home after I get out of work. At work I just know people but never hang out or have get togethers. I feel lonely sometimes.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Try the library's story hour and moms groups. You might find some play groups or moms groups at meetup.com. It took me quite awhile to find a good friend when my kids were young. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 4:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I will say that it is way harder because you evaluate people differently - it isnt just about them being fun and having interests in common - the kids need to get along - you have to somewhat relate on parenting styles. honestly most of my best friends are the same as before kids because really most mom to mom friendships do seem to be very surface level - but remember kids grow up and we need our old friends... why not try to reconnect with someone you are missing.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:21 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I have met all my friends through things my kids do like at Little league, cheerleading, school events, and things like that. That way everyone i know I actually have more then one thing in common with. One is kids the same age, and second similar interests in after school and community involvement.

Answer by gemgem at 5:48 PM on May. 3, 2011