Did you wear your husbands dog tags while he was deployed?

I always do, never take them off. Just wondering if any other military wives did the same.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 4:37 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I wear his tags everyday, through every separation. They are typically issued more than one set, DH wears a set at all times. It's a bit irresponsible to assume I'm wearing something of my husbands and not thinking of how they'll ID him. Military spouses have so little to hold on to, why is it that someone always has such negative things to say? I guess you can thank my husband for your right to be ignorant. You're welcome.
    willngingersmom

Answer by willngingersmom at 7:17 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I guess I'm wrong but aren't THEY supposed to wear their tags when they're deployed? It's that like, the purpose of the tags?
    Anonymous

• yes, everyday all day. i slept in them too. @anon-they are issued more than one set.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Ohh. Thanks tmn, I didn't know that.
    Anonymous

• My DH always WORE HIS. He was in the Air Force on flying status and had to wear them.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• No. I am allergic to the metal in the chain. In boot camp I had to wear a special covering because I broke out in a rash. Plus his social security number is on there.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:14 PM on May. 3, 2011

• im not married but my bf is deployed in afghanistan, id wear them, if he wanted me to, but his mom wears them....they are really close and im fine with that....it doesnt matter to me either way, but like i said, if he had an extra pair, best believe id wear them n never take them off til hes home lol
    KayleesMommy89

Answer by KayleesMommy89 at 7:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• great response willngingersmom. that anon was just ASSuming that our husbands aren't wearing theirs when they're deployed. atleast the first anon had the decency to ask. clearly the other anon, along with being a judgmental idiot, also failed to read the other responses where that was already answered.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:25 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I'm sorry what anon? My husband has at least 6 pairs of dog tags! He always puts one set on me before he leaves and then takes them off me when he comes home. You shouldn't assume my husband isn't wearing his...and next time ask before calling someone immature and irresponsible.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I think my husband only has 1 set, and he wears his while deployed.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:28 PM on May. 3, 2011