How many of you deviated/are deviating from doctors orders while pregnant?

I don't mean any thing major like smoking crack during your second trimester but the little things like having a cocktail occasionally over the holidays or forgetting your prenatal vitamins. Maybe you did'nt cut caffiene out of your diet or would occasionally eat your meat a little undercooked. Share with us please so some of these mamas don't feel so horrible about not quitting smoking completly or having a glass of wine with dinner. PLEASE NO BASHING!

tat2edmommyof2

Asked by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have a wee bit of coffee every now and then *gasp*
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• im still a caffeine addict, even though recently i havent had any.. im have 38 days to go.. and i dyed my hair with ammonia free dye because my doc said it was ok as long as i dont do it ALOT..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I let my doc know if I was doing anything that was recommended against so they could know what they were dealing with. About the only risky thing I did was continue to change the cat box but I let my doc know I was doing it and asked what the risks were and how to minimize them.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• oh man im the worst lol im a caffeine addict i must have my coffee in the morning and i like my dr pepper i do pretty good about not drinking my soda but the coffee no way. i never did smoke so im safe there and i wasnt much of a drinker so im safe there but i have the worst eating habbits by far lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I would have a cocktail at Christmas parties while pregnant with my youngest. And I smoked pot the entire time with my oldest. But that was'nt against doctors orders. Oh and I had sex before my 6 week check up and would not obey my bed rest sometimes as I had a toddler running around that on occasion demanded I get up and play with her!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I drank a soda a day when I was pregnant, and my doctor actually told me ONE glass of wine was fine over the holidays. My son is almost three now and is prefectly healthy. I think a lot of guidelines are put in place to protect from abuse of things- for women who would go overboard and not for women enjoy something in moderation occasionally.
    But I am no doctor. :)
    Anonymous

• I drink LOTS of Dr. Pepper. Like 3-4 12oz cans a day but I drink like 6-8 20oz bottles of water too. I pick up my 20lb 1yr old and my 35lb 2yr old. ALL the time. I clean with bleach and ammonia. I dont take my vitamins because they make me sick.(dr. Knows this one though) I'm 34wks and the baby is fine. and so am I

Anonymous

• Oh and I'd eat rare meat. I stopped ordering it cold and started ordering it medium rare but still I could'nt bring myself to eat it well done.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Just curious as to how smoking pot was not against doctors orders??
    Anonymous

• I am not a smoker so that was not an issue for me.  All my co-workers smoked and I did not try to stay away from them.  I did have a drink of wine a time or two with both.  Caffeine was the difference in my two.  The first time I did my best to give it up and had by the end.  The second one I only tried cutting back and drank tea if I wanted caffeine.  Did our mothers give all this up?  Not according to mine. 

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 3:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2008