my 11 month old is not sleeping through the night. need advise before i lose my sanity.

I give him a bottle at 8 and when he is asleep take him up to bed. He was doing great and only waking when the pacifier fell out and he couldnt find it but the last three weeks he has been waking up and sitting up in the crib. I was spending up to 30 minutes rubbing his back to calm him down but do that a couple times and there is no sleep.

dylansmom128

Asked by dylansmom128 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try giving him a bowl of oatmeal before bed. It sticks with them longer then just a bottle. Also, do you run to him right away? Or do you give him a chance to settle down and fall asleep on his own? As for the pacifier falling out, make sure you have 2-3 in bed with him, and 2 on your nightstand for those times when he looses them.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 3:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i just throw my kids in bed with me, im more sane, calm, and rested
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My daughter did the same thing at about the age. I could usually calm her by just speaking to her from the doorway. Just "it's ok baby" and she would go back to sleep. Good luck
    nicholeml

Answer by nicholeml at 3:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• well i would just let him cry it out for about 20 minutes. normally he was asleep by the 20 minute mark. did this at 7 months, and has been sleeping through the night since. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008