Any Canadian Home schooling Mom's on here?

How long have you home schooled your kid(s)? how are you doing it? how is it going? give me a regular day at your home of what ya do with them.

PLEASE BUMP.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 4:51 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Check out this site (http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/home_school/) and read about your "responsibilities" to makes sure you are following the provincial requirements for homeschooling. My friend uses Wisdom homeschooling program. I've heard it very good and uses a classical method of teaching,. They include philosophy and classic books in their curriculum.

The BC Home schooling Association is having it's annual convention in Surrey on June 3&4th. It might be worth checking out. They will have lots of info and different learning resources. www.bchomeschool.net

I'm sure Vancouver has LOTS of different support groups and activities for homeschoolers, it's such a vibrant city :)
    Hope some of this helps. Good Luck in your endeavors!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:04 AM on May. 6, 2011

• My kids are still to young to home school (1&2) but I have lots of friends that home school in Alberta. They usually teach in the morning and do activities in the afternoon. They have a really great co-op here and lots of resources. I could ask them what program they use if you want...
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 3:02 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes, pls that would be great. I am in Vancouver. It is all kind of confusing to me. I am thinking about it as my dd has a peanut allergy & the school is not peanut free etc. so I was thinking about doing it for a few yrs maybe. I don't want to, but her safety comes first.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on May. 4, 2011