Have you ever had MRSA?

My DH has a rash in his arm pit area. His Doctor says it's MRSA. He has been treated 3 times for it, and it keeps coming back. I lightly bleach all of his clothes to disinfect them. I do the same with our bedding. The house is cleaned daily, so I know it's not that. It goes away while on antibiotics but comes right back once he is done with them. HELP! Did this happen to you? Why does this keep coming back? It's hard on me trying to keep him to keep his rash covered up so as not to infect everything, and having to go behind him constantly with bleach or clorox wipes. Every little bump our DS gets I freak out that he has gotten it as well. Is there something we can do on top of the antibiotics to help it stay gone? I'm really at my wits end. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Health

• MRSA often sticks around with antibiotics unless they're given through IV. I battled it for 5months and antibiotics didn't work for me either until I became hospitalized for a week and they administered them through an IV. My husband got IV antibiotics for it as well and he got it from military. I got it from taking care of a sick friend who didn't know it was MRSA at first because they told her it was a spider bite. (wow)
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 5:08 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I think that is what my niece has. She was hospitalized a few times for severe asthma and I was told that she contracted it at the hospital and won't ever be rid of it. As far as I know, I don't think they can really do anything in between flare ups. She's only 7. I hate that she may never get rid of it
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 5:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My cousin has MRSA, it never goes away. Sure she will be fine for periods of time, but then she gets a flare up or whatever they call them and she goes into basic hiding in her home so she is sure not to pass it to anyone else... They made her go to classes and such after she was diagnosed so that she knew how to take care of it, and how to not pass it. Ask your doctor, that's the only way to truly make sure you are getting correct advice.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 5:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• This link had some useful info.  My MIL is a carrier and I learned she should be treated.  GL

http://health.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977707305

whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 5:25 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I had it. My doctor had me use hospital grade soap daily for a week and then weekly for a month. That is what kicked it for me. My mom has it and it keeps reoccuring.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:15 PM on May. 3, 2011