What is your relgion/faith and what have ppl said about that? adult content

now i dont want any bashing of anyone;s faith, just post what people stereotype about your beliefs. some of the things i have heard about some religions are laughable and i feel its crazy that people would think that. so what kind of crazy insane things are you stereo-typed as/for?
note...this is suppose to be a fun post not a degrading one....

example: im pagan so had said im barbaric, delusional, uneducated, and a devil worshiper.
none of which describe me

so what are you?

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 5:12 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• As cbk said, blind, ignorant, brainwashed...also delusional....the list goes on. My God gets compared to Santa, pink unicorns (why must they always be pink? hehe), the flying spaghetti monster, leprechauns, the tooth fairy....that list goes on too. Eh...*shrugs...whatever.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:50 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I'm a Bible believing born again Christian. I guess the biggest things I hear is we are "blind", "ignorant", "brainwashed",and my personal favorite, "sheep." It does get frustrating, but as I've said on the sheep remark, Jesus is, after all, the Good Shepard, so if worshipping Him makes me a "sheep", then BAAAAAA! LOL.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:15 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I am a pagan also... (Kemetic Orthodox)
    I have been called the same as you, as well as immoral, a liar, whore of the devil.. etc I have even had a gun aimed at me in Texas.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 6:00 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Im an Eclectic Wiccan Witch.

Ive heard Im a devil worshipper, that I dont believe in a God(which I do but I also believe in a Goddess), Im going to hell, that because I left Christianity I must never have been a true follower of Christ nor had a testimony(which is WAY off from reality).

Guess thats the main stuff I have heard(thankfully none in real life except the hell part...thx grandma).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:32 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Atheist.
    I hate God, I can't understand the bible because I don't believe...
    that I cannot have morals or even know what they would be because I don't go to church (to have them told to me). *that one was told to me by my mothers husband-to my face!
    That I don't want to be a believer because then I couldn't run around being a horrible person and doing anything I like- like I do now ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I'm Jewish and I've been told I worship a murderer (G-d), that I support rape, slavery and beating your children and, of course, that I'm going to Hell.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:16 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I'm a christian my bf is catholic so his family say that i'm antoliya a spanish word and that i'm blind
    flaka500

Answer by flaka500 at 5:19 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I'm a Christian Universalist, and the the biggest misconception I see is people saying I'm a "cherry picker" who "twists" the Bible to fit my beliefs, but in all honesty, my beliefs are just as Biblically sound as any other, I just read and understand the Bible differently than most people. Another misconception I see is that people who believe in Universalism don't want to have to answer to any authority, that we just want to be able to do whatever we want, but I don't live my life any differently than most believers. I think I live a pretty decent, moral life. So I definitely don't deny the idea of hell just because I don't want to have to face the consequences of my immoral life, lol.

I get told I'm a false believer a lot....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:24 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I practice Buddhism, which is a philosophy that most of the people around me aren't all that familiar with. I don't get a lot of bashing in real life, but do get some assumptions that aren't true, like that I believe in reincarnation (I don't, at least not in the sense that they mean), or that the Dalai Lama is 'the Buddhist Pope' and that Nirvana is 'Buddhist Heaven.' I think people are most familiar with Christianity so they seek to draw parallels to Christian beliefs. The negativity I sometimes get online seems to be the kinds that most 'unbelievers' run into... that I just don't want to be Christian because I want to live a self-centered and hedonistic life, that I am misled by Satan, that sort of thing... but I've never run into it in real life, only online.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I have heard all of the following as a Catholic

I believe and support a church who abuses and molests kids. I am not a true Believer in Christ because I pray to his mother. I dont believe in birth control. I believe all men have domain over me. I dont believe in womens rights. I am closed minded. I am a hypocrite. I am supporting over population and ruining our earth (that was the best one lol). I am stupid for believing in a Pope because he is just a man. I believe in fairy tales. I believe in a magic man in the sky who doesnt exist. Oh Id say thats a good start but you get the idea.

Answer by gemgem at 5:46 PM on May. 3, 2011