At what age did you first enroll your child(ren) in swimming lessons?

Asked by wishbearmom at 5:13 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• They all took their first swim lesson as babies with me in the Mom and Tot class. After that, they gradually moved up to the next level 'til they took the diving lessons when they were older and participated in the swimming competitions too.

Answer by zboys at 5:16 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I taught all 4 of my children starting almost at birth. They all could swim enough to swim to the side if knocked in the pool without floats on by age 2.5.

Answer by 2and2onway at 5:19 PM on May. 3, 2011

• my son is nine and i will be enrolling him this year for the first time...kinda wish i would have did it at 5 or 6

Answer by mztxdelta at 5:20 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My son is 3-1/2 and I am enrolling him in a couple months for his first time.

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:23 PM on May. 3, 2011

• He was 4. By the end of 2 weeks, he could swim the full length of the pool and swan dive.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:27 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My boys were 4 when I enrolled them.

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:31 PM on May. 3, 2011

• 6 months for mommy and me swim lessons, my dd didn't like it at that time so we stopped going. I know other babies that did though.

Answer by Namaste17 at 5:46 PM on May. 3, 2011

• 6 months...until the ear infections started.

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:51 PM on May. 3, 2011