Do you or will you plant a garden?

What do you grow?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 5:15 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It's too hard for me to grow veggies here in the desert; so I just grow different desert plants like the Mexican Bird of Paradise, Texas Sage, and Globe Mallow.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 5:18 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My garden is container based. I have wooden boxes and buckets from which I grow cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, hot peppers. I have a planter full of basil and parsley. It works great!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:21 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I am! Just got my front beds fixed, and now I'm waiting on the plants to go in them :) I'm doing flowers for now- I have a food garden over on my MIL and FIL's property that I'm helping with. My FIL has had me planting enough stuff to feed an army! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:23 PM on May. 3, 2011

• We grow every year and technically have 2 gardens. One with tons of various flowers and one with veggies. We grow cucumbers, tomatoes, herbs, peas, lettuce, cabbage, cantaloupe, watermelon, squash and onions.

Answer by gemgem at 5:34 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes, I plant annual flowers and veges every year.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:47 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Well, if it would QUIT RAINING for longer than 1 day, I might be able to plant my gardens sometime soon.

When I do finally get them planted, I will have begonias, marigolds, dusty millers, coleuses, zinnias, impatiens, vinca and whatever other annuals I find, in my 4 or 5 flower gardens. Right now I only have my perennials that are growing, such as peonies, hostas, lilies, sedum, hollyhocks and lamium along with my daffodils, tulips and other various spring perennials that are done blooming.

For my veggie garden, I will have tomatoes, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, corn, green beans, cucumbers, potatoes, cantalope, onions, lettuce, cabbage and carrots. I am going t otry growing some herbs this year too, but not sure which ones I will try. Most of the veggies will either be canned or frozen so my family and I will be able to enjoy them throughout the rest of the year.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 10:47 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Flower: zinnias and marigolds. For my veggies: tomatoes, green beans, cucumbers, potatoes, squash, onions, okra, green peppers, beets and cabbage.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:41 AM on May. 4, 2011

• lol @ ZBandMom - same here - I can't plant until it stops raining! I'm hoping to get my plants in this weekend!
    I have a 6x6 raised bed garden, I will be planting cucumbers, zucchini, squash, beans, spinach, peppers, etc. Tomato plants will go in 5 gallon paint buckets.
    I have a really decent flowerbed on the side of my house that is only home to some hastas right now, but I will put potatoes and onions in that bed this year.
    In my sun rooms I will have containers for herbs and different onions.
    My neighbor will do lettuce, cabbage, melons, and any other veggie that I can't fit in my garden.
    We will can and freeze this fall after harvest.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:33 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I want to but no room right now.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 7:09 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes we are planting a garden and we are putting a ton of color in the flower portion of it and we are plating everything we can add to a salad in our veggie portion of it.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:02 AM on May. 5, 2011