Does your employer offer benefits?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 5:15 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes but I declined them to get an extra $333 per paycheck. I get Tricare through my husband and VA benefits from my service plus it is not a permanent position so I figured I was not going to be there long enough to contribute to a 401k.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:18 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes. I get health, vision, dental for me and my family, 401K, and paid vacation & personal days. Our health/vision/dental premiums are very reasonable.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:20 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes, DH gets it through his job. It is expensive, but I have a lot of health concerns, and so we have to keep it for my monthly meds. It does pay off at the pharmacy,however, most of my prescriptions run anywhere from $.80 to $35.00 a month. I thank God we have the coverage we do. I don't know what we'd do without it.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:22 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes. In fact my employer offers a much better medical, dental and vision plan than my hubs work, so this year we switched to my insurance. My employer also has 401K, flex-spending and life insurance.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:22 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes. I'm PT too. I cover myself and my daughter for around $80: health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
    Anonymous

• Yes.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:56 PM on May. 3, 2011

• yes, it is expensive but worth it.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:05 PM on May. 3, 2011

• yes but the health insurance is $1000 per month. Dental/vision is reasonable. Life insurance, 401k and personal days.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 7:40 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes, but it is expensive as hell - it would take half my monthly pay for family coverage. I do have 401K, however, and I get a measly vacation plan - no sick or personal days. We opted for my husband's employer offered health & dental - we pay $85 per week for family coverage, and it's damn good coverage.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:28 AM on May. 4, 2011

• The company I used to work for, for a long time, offered benefits, but they were a bit expensive so we just used my husbands. As for the 401k plan they offered, I chose a Tax Free Retirement plan instead and also started one for each of my children.
    RMott

Answer by RMott at 1:19 PM on May. 4, 2011