Do any other moms feel like this? I'm just so tired of it...

I'm so upset right now. I'm PMSing and really emotional, so that's part of it, but...I'm sick of being lonely. My husband works all the time, and I have no real friends. I have people that I could spend time with, but I know that none of them really care about me. They're the kinda of people that talk crap about their other friends behind their backs, so I don't trust them not to do the same to me. I do have some real friends, but they're all in Arizona, on the other side of the country, and I miss them so much that it hurts. I just feel like I have no one, other than my parents. I can't even stop crying right now bc I'm just so tired of being so lonely. 99% of the time it's just me and my son. I'm a nice person and I care about my friends when I have them. I don't know why it's so hard to find genuine, kind people where I live. Everyone's snooty, superficial, or in competition with each other. My husband is never home, and when he is, he's tired. I have all the money I could care to spend, but it does NOTHING for me. He thinks I should be happy bc of it, but I don't give a SHIT about money. He tells me that I have every opportunity to do whatever I want, and I do, but who the hell wants to go do a bunch of stuff alone? I shouldn't say alone, bc I do have my son, and I love him more than life. He brings me an insane amount of joy, and really, I should NOT be complaining about my life.

I'm just lonely. And I don't know why it's so hard to find people like me, who just want to be good friends and accept each other for who we are instead of being so judgmental and competitive. I'm so tired of people pretending to care about me when I know they don't. Does anyone else feel this way, or am I all alone just as I feel?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 5:36 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I know exactly how you feel for I feel the same way I am a SAHM also and have no friends and my family have all pretty much disowned me for some reason. It sucks to feel this way and when your children ask you what is wrong and you can't answer them(because you don't know what to say) it makes you feel that much worse.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:00 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I know how you feel mama...I'm SAHM and DH works ALL THE TIME....I don't know anyone where I live...like literally NO ONE and I really wish that I had a group of girlfriends that I could hang out with every once in awhile...it sucks that DH, my mama, and the people on CM are my only adult interaction...

I was thinking that I might start a book club or something so I could possibly make some friends that have the same interests as I do...I think that people who come together because of a mutual interest are probably alot less likely to be fake with each other...at least thats what I'm hoping. Maybe you could do something like that....Your not alone mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:45 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I would love to be you right now money wise lol
    but I can see what you mean about friends. We're in the same boat there. All I can say is work with what you have or look really hard for genuine people.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:50 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I felt like that when I first moved from the northeast to south fl. I was a sahm with a 4 month old and I didn't know anyone in FL except my husband. By the time my son turned one I felt like I might go insane. So I started going places where I knew I'd meet other moms like me - My Gym for open play, playgrounds, indoor play places and I did meet other moms. Then I joined a mommy group and met moms there too. I also met alot of moms at the gym when they were dropping the little ones at the daycare. Now my oldest is 4 and I have another 2 yr old and have built up a network of really great friends. You just need to extend yourself a little so you're in situation where you'll meet people.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:52 PM on May. 3, 2011

• OMG i am pretty much in the same boat as u except i dont have all the money i want but i am in the same poition
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 9:25 PM on May. 3, 2011

• i know exactly how you feel. maybe you can make a "date' with just one of the superficial friends but lay down ground rules and say "i don't want to talk about other peope today lets talk aabout xxxx"
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 5:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I remember those days. I went to the local library storyhour and found a good friend there. You might try meetup.com for moms groups and play groups. It takes time to find someone. I also would visit friends and relatives (me and my kids) for several days at a time and some I had to fly to. Can you do that maybe twice (maybe 3) a year at a minimum? I am sorry you are going though this. hug
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 5:40 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I can't relate to any of this except the friend issue. I have zero friends to be around for the same reasons you do. I have family who bicker and sisters who are so different and I've lived here my whole life.. I am having a hard time finding any friends who can relate or care like I do, so at this point, I'd rather have no friends than bad ones. But being i WOH, I seem to balance that fine but I can see how it would be hard as a SAHM. Good luck.I know its hard
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:41 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I feel the same way a lot, the only difference is I do work out of the home. But other than the people I see at work, I have nobody except my husband and my son. My "best" and only real friend just moved 3000 miles away and it's very hard to find other women who are like me and can relate to my situation. I wish I had someone else to call and just chat with, or go and just hang out with, etc. It gets very lonely.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I feel like you do about superficial people. Im originally from Chicago, and I live in SC, and the people here hate me the second my Chicago accent comes out of my mouth. I HATE having to fake the accent to fit in and do business, As long as I sound "country" people love me. but the few friends I do have talk shit about all their other friends and I wonder what they say about me. My hubby works ALLOT but I dont feel lonely, but I DO wish I had close friends, who were not so judgmental.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:49 PM on May. 3, 2011