Thyroid problems?

My daughter had a well child check when she turned 18 months and she only gained 3oz since her 12 month check up, so they did a bunch of labs and I get a call saying her thyroid levels are low? Anyone else out there experience this? What did they do for it? By the way if you are only going to criticize spelling or grammar don't bother wasting my time.

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 5:47 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmmm i'm sorry but it is controllable. I also found that i have low thyroid function. Not sure about her being a baby but they put me on tapazole to help bring function up. Maybe that's what they'll do. Btw i lost 30 pds because of it so i was glad about that! but with a baby....i'm really sorry. GL!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 5:51 PM on May. 3, 2011

• HI, Did the test say her TSH levels were low or her t3 and t4 levels were low? It sounds like she has the form of thyroid problems that cause slow growing in children...and yes it can be helped with medications. I would take her to an endocrinologist who specializes in treating children and have her seen and treated by them. Doctors are trained on thyroid problems enough to diagnose them, but the treatment is better handled by a specialist.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 6:48 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I'm still waiting on more info from the doctor, she is contacting a specialist.
    motherwanting6

Comment by motherwanting6 (original poster) at 8:02 PM on May. 3, 2011