What can I put on my hands

I was steaming some corn and like a dummy opened it up without putting oven mittens on. My hand hurts like hell right now. They not burned but I keep getting this steaming sensation that has been going on for the past 45 minutes. It hurts to type right now. Is there anything that I can put on it? My fingers are not red(even though I can't really tell since I'm black! lol). It just hurts it feel like it did when I opened the lid.

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 5:49 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Health

• Its a burn... try cooling the area with ice, or ice water to bring the temp down and kill the pain. It may blister by morning. try not to pop the blisters... but if they pop keep covered with neosporin and a bandage until the skin toughens up. If it doesn't blister treat it the same as you would a sunburn... aloe, vit e oil or something like that!! Advil will help too!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:44 PM on May. 3, 2011

• If they are still hurting like when you first opened the lid- you're burned. Honey is great for burns, but since you have to wrap it in gauze it isn't always ideal. Put some non-fragrancy lotion or oil on them and make sure you keep them moisturized.

I hope it feels better soon!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:57 PM on May. 3, 2011