Ok I can't remember what contractions feel like....Is this a contraction?

I have 2 kids so you would think I know, but I can't remember what it feels like. I don't know if maybe I am having BH contractions or what, but I am 26 weeks today and since yesterday I keep getting this pain that hurts in my private. Today I have had it off an on all day long yesterday I started about afternoon. The hurt bad, but not enough to make me want to go to the ER if that makes sense. I have a doctors appointment on Thursday because I was measuring way to big 2 weeks ago so he wants to measure baby. My first app. he said it was showing I was fearther along but just went with what I told him so I might be fearther along maybe by 4 weeks. But does this sounds like contractions or something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You need to be seen now. Women can have early contractions, and they need to be stopped for medical reasons. Sure, it could just be "BH", but you don't want your water to break before baby's fully cooked, do you?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:25 PM on May. 3, 2011

• The pain that hurts in your private doesn't sound like a contraction..... this is my third pregnancy too and I have had lots of cramping and shooting pains in and right above my private lol. More than likely it will be intense pain when you have contractions BUT i had a run with preterm labor this time and I was having contractions that I thought were just pains in my back, luckily I was hooked up to a monitor. If your abdomen is tightening with these pains I would call the doc and see what they want you to do. They told me I had a "spastic uterus" this time around which caused me LOTS of cramps
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 6:47 PM on May. 3, 2011