What does a contraction feel like ?

I'm due to have my first baby soon and I don't know when I'm gonna be in labor.

First baby is due 7/16/2011

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• period cramps x 100
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:27 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I agree with samurai
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:29 PM on May. 3, 2011

• yeah it hurts really badly and it will usually get worse and worse until your baby is born.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:32 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Doctors say that contractions is a REALLY bad orgasm--over and over again.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:33 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes, bad period cramps.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:34 PM on May. 3, 2011

• i personally thought it felt like a really bad period cramp that shoots from side to side
    kamsmom220

Answer by kamsmom220 at 6:35 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Kind of a tightening, your belly will get very tight and you'll feel a strong cramping sensation. They didn't get "painful" for me until hours into labor. They may start off light and get tougher but every-one's labor is different. Good luck Momma!

praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 6:35 PM on May. 3, 2011

• For my first...well I had the feeling I had to pee every 2 minutes.. After about 30 minutes I started timing them and thought, yep might be labor LOL.. It was, with my second and third it was a tightening feeling every few minutes that wouldn't stop, were regular etc... Never got the pain until about an hour or so before delivery.. And yep, those felt like bad period cramps except with my son and those felt like a knife in the hip and back every few minutes..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:38 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My contractions for my first child felt different than my second. I was contracting for 10 hours, before my mom convinced me to go to the doctor, by that time I was 6 cm. My belly would get really really tight then release. For my second and third child I definately knew they were contractions because I would feel the pain from my back to my front and every where else. Good luck!
    Ms.Maricel

Answer by Ms.Maricel at 6:48 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Tightening with a really strong period cramp. It feels like someone is tightening a really wide belt around your whole stomach, but painful.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:24 PM on May. 3, 2011