Wetting the bed any suggestions???

my 3yr old is perfectlypotty trained and never has an accident during the day i want to pit her in pull ups at night but my husband thinks that will give her more of a reason to not get up at night i dont know how to get her to stop.and i have tried cutting out theliquids doesnt seem to work.

kamsmom220

Asked by kamsmom220 at 6:31 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• cut the liquids an hour before bedtime and have her go before bed.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 6:34 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I agree with Mama Stuart
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 6:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Many times children do not develop the bladder control needed to make it through the night without wetting the bed until they are 5 or 6 years old. My 4 year old soon to be 5 year old still wets the bed every night.
    It is just an accident, and causing her to feel that she is in trouble for it will only cause more problems. Pediatricians don't even recommend seeing the doctor for it until children are 5 or 6 years old. Take it easy and keep buying the pull ups. Less laundry makes the problem much less stressful and easier to deal with.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 6:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Different things work for different kids, but the one that worked most when I trained the little ones for night time was to cut off large amounts of liquids, small drinks are ok...but having a large juice or something was cut off about 2 hours before bedtime. I had them go potty before bed and for a while I would wake them up when I went to bed to go pee again just to teach them how to wake up and go to the bathroom...and take the scariness out of it for them .
    Another trick is the bell next to the bed they can ring if they need to potty in the night and want you to go with them. Give them the bell AFTER they fall asleep or you will be going in and out of there room to answer questions. :)
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 6:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• It's not that unusual. Night pants/pullups work very well. Don't make a big issue out of it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:59 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Just by the pull ups and be done with it....it could be SEVERAL YEARS before she's fully night trained--which is totally NORMAL!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:00 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My dd is eight and still wets the bed sometimes. The docs say it is normal up till 10.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• thank yall i will def go with the pullups
    kamsmom220

Comment by kamsmom220 (original poster) at 12:16 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Some kids bladders take more time to mature. Three is pretty young to stay dry all night. You have a clue when she starts walking up with a dry pull up. Then you know she's ready! Your husband is asking her to do what's not possible for her yet! Explain this to him so she doesn't feel bad about herself for something she's not capable of doing yet.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 8:15 PM on May. 6, 2011