WIC

Women, Infants & Children - Does anyone know how much a person receives monthly on this? I'm sure it is based on number of children and adults in a house. Specifically, a 1 year old, a 4 year old and a mother. I can't find it on the website.

I need this info for a letter to the governor.

Thank you in advance!

cheekycherub

Asked by cheekycherub at 6:38 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• It varies , depending on what state you're in, how many kids you have, their ages, and so on. I get 3 check for each of my kids although my son is about ready to go off of it when he turns 5. I get 6 dollars for fruits and veggies then I get a certain amount of gallons of milk, juice, bread, cereal, eggs, peanut butter and cheese. I don't have a dollar amount on anything except the veggies but I have a number of ounces or bottles that I can get on one check. I would call your WIC office, they can tell you exactly what you get there.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:38 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Its different from location to location
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 6:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I am on WIC, I have a 1 year old son, 3 year old daughter myself and my husband. Since I am not preggo (yet :)) I dont get any, but I get them for both my kids. For each child I get 3 checks, one for $6 worth of fruits/veggies, milk, eggs, cheese, whole grain, peanut butter ect.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 6:42 PM on May. 3, 2011

• It really depends on the state and sometimes even the county.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 6:57 PM on May. 3, 2011

• When I had dd (in Indiana) I was bfing and got a pump, two dozen eggs, 16 ounces of cheese, 10$ for fresh fruit and veggies, 12$ for farmers market, a few cans of tuna, a half pound of beans, a few gals of milk, a jar of peanut butter, and a few cans of concentrated frozen juice. There might have been more but I don't remember right now.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 7:39 PM on May. 3, 2011