Question about little boys adult content

My son will be four soon, and he just started saying things that make me a little suspicious about some things.

He has asked me to look at his "bottom pee pee", which is his testicles, because there's bumps on them, but it's just normal stuff. But then when I do look, just to make sure there's no rash or something, he'll start laughing, say it tickles, and asks me to do it again. He does the same thing when bathing.

Is this just a boy thing, or should I be really worried about someone touching him? We tell him not to let anyone touch him and to never be alone with an adult other than us, but at three, I'm not sure he really understands that.

I'm a SAHM, but he does go to preschool and we go to church. Our church has very strict rules about adults being alone with children (they're not allowed), and we're always the ones to take him to the restroom. At school, they go to the bathroom in groups, and the teachers do have to help him pull up his pants.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You never know why they come up with this stuff. It's possible he touched himself and just wants to share. I'd just keep talking to him about private touching and to tell you or dad when someone touches his private area.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I have 2 boys and I was always nervous when they would say/do stuff like that. It probably does tickle and I try to think ilke this, if you tickled him on his belly would he laugh and ask you to do it again?? There probably is nothing to worry about but definitely keep asking questions to make sure. I used to always casually ask to make sure he wasn't being mistreated but to be careful not to get anything in his head
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 7:15 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I think it's completely normal and okay! I would just reaffirm gently that no one is to touch/look at that area but momma and daddy. I am pretty sure you'd be able to tell if someone is or had been messing with him - I'm sure he wouldn't be giggling, know what I mean?
    BryRon

Answer by BryRon at 7:26 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Well heres somthing to think about? I took my 4 yr old son recently to his ped. for his 4 yr check up and as the doc was checking him my son giggled a little bit cause the thing was cold that the doc was listening to his heart and chest with and I asked my son (does that tickle) and then the doc looked at me. He proceeded to tell me not to use that word while he is checking him because a preditor will use that (tickle) while in reality is molesting a child. By the look in his eyes and by telling me that "the world doesnt do enough to protect our children", I could defintaly see the saddness in his eyes from what he has seen in his line of work. Now any time your child is left alone no matter when it is, there is always that possiblity of something like that happening, trust no one. I am a stay at home mom and my kids have no grandparents that come around on either side plus I homeschool so in my case thats not a possibility.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:45 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Cont..However in your childs case and from what your post said there is IMO a definate possiblity. I hate to be negative but everytime I turn on the news theres either a teacher, pastor, police or someone else who has either raped someone or molested a child. And actually I was on here a couple of weeks ago and a mother had posted that her MOTHER INLAW had molested her 6 yr old daughter. This is the kind of sick crap thats out there. It disgust me to be honest. I would talk to your husband and figure things out because it is our responsibility to protect our babys, and at this age the dont know right from wrong so for all you know something could have happend but he might think its normal. Best of luck and I pray that its nothing. Better safe then sorry though.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:51 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Having been through this before I would just ask him. It would make me nervous.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Normal boy

MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 8:45 PM on May. 3, 2011

• just ask him lightly if someone has touched him down there.... just don't make a mountain out of a mole hill... my son is usually half naked around the house b/c he's potty training.. but one day he was laying on the couch when he brushed his penis and then proceeded to grab it!! i didn't say anything to him b/c that is just part of discovering himself.... in his head I'm sure he thought.. wow that feels different when he brushed it.. then when he grabbed it I'm sure by the look on his face it felt good... at this age it's innocent.... but still ask just to be safe!
    k.stark

Answer by k.stark at 1:55 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My three year old is very obsessed and proud of his pee pee and does some weird stuff. I am guessing its all normal but I agree with the other folks that you may want to just calmly ask him, or let him know to tell you if anyone else ever tries this and read up on the other tell tale signs of sexual abuse and keep an eye out for them. Most likely nothing.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• probably normal!
    kristybaby2

Answer by kristybaby2 at 8:34 PM on May. 6, 2011