Leapster Magnetic Alphabet Letters and Fridge Words

Does anyone have both of these for their child?

http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/jump/Fridge-Phonics%AE%3A-Magnetic-Alphabet-Set/productDetail/Fridge-Magnetic-Toys/lfprod20305/cat90023?navAction=jump&navCount=0&categoryNav=false

http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/jump/Fridge-Words%22%3A-Magnetic-Word-Builder/productDetail/Fridge-Magnetic-Toys/lfprod20320/cat90023?navAction=jump&navCount=0&categoryNav=false

We have the older version of the Alphabet letters that are larger and do not fit into the slots for the Fridge Words.  Was just wondering if anyone with the ones linked above have ever tried to use the magnetic letters from one with the other...and if it worked.

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 7:16 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know other than the letters getting lost sometimes which is a pain. My oldest i sware helped teach herself how to read with that thing! When it would say what sound the particular letters made she would put them together sounding it out to help herself make words.
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:45 AM on May. 4, 2011

• We have the first one and I hate it!!! The letters get lost, the kids take them off the fridge... Waste of money if you ask me
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:18 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I got one a couple years ago for my first daughter because my friend said it really helped his daughter learn her alphabet. Like the other millions of "educational toys" we have my daughter never was interested in it. I still have it on my fridge and my 19 month old loves to press the button and dance to the alphabet song but most of the letter are gone.  If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't buy it. 

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:36 PM on May. 3, 2011