Chores

what kind of chores do you have your kids help out with? my kids are 9, 8 and 6

selaranda

Asked by selaranda at 7:38 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kid feeds the cat, cleans the litterbox, takes out the trash and has to keep her room clean. and this year I taught her how to wash her own clothes. Next year it will be dishes I think.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My kids are 10, 9, 8 and 5. Since I'm not their maid their chores include cleaning up any mess they make in any room of the house. That includes cleaning their rooms, cleaning up after they make/eat a meal (wiping counters, sweeping floors), cleaning up toys and coloring stuff in the living room and art room (formerly the dining room), cleaning their bathroom, folding and putting away their own clothes (although the older 3 also know how to do their own laundry start to finish), take out the trash and recycling, help carry in groceries, empty the dishwasher when asked, dust when asked, help in the yard (my 9yo likes to mow the lawn and, yes, he's big enough to do it), help with their baby brother. All 4 of them have the same chores.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:26 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Are they just now starting chores? If yes then maybe start off small, but I'm pushing chores right now and i think of things i have to do during my evening sweep of the house, like take out the trash, or dinner dishes, feed the dog or water the plants. As soon as my sons ready his butt will learn how to clean the toilet. j/k.. some of the time I give them things to do where they have to work together on. I'm having trouble with rewards though. If you can think of any or have some of your own I'd like to hear from you. good luck :0)
    mamafoofoo26

Answer by mamafoofoo26 at 5:07 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Feed the dogs, set the table, they put away their own clean laundry, and for some reason my kids LOVE helping clean the bathrooms lol strange right?
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:40 AM on May. 4, 2011

• They have to keep their rooms clean, get dirty clothes in the laundry and take care of clean ones, and help with after dinner chores (clear off and wipe table and counters, take care of leftovers, rinse & neatly stack dishes in the sink).
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:02 PM on May. 4, 2011