Question for all those who fear retaliation?

Do you think it's a bad thing that Bin Laden was killed and/or Do you blame Obama? No offense, just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it is as it should be. UBL set this into motion in 1993 when he first attempted to bring down the World Trade Centers, then the USS Cole, then the US Embassy bombing, then 9/11. He knew that this would be the eventual end to what he started. We didn't bomb him. He bombed us. He was the Muslims Jim Jones and the People's Temple. He is a man that perverted a religion just like Jones did except Jones was satisfied to murdered just his followers. UBL murdered the people of the world, but he perverted the religion non-the-less.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:06 PM on May. 3, 2011

• No, it is a good thing and Obama ordered what needed to be done. It was in the works since 2007. Time to finish the mission.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:48 PM on May. 3, 2011

• mission accomplished. period.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:49 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Question for all those who fear retaliation? Every bullet that is fired from US/Allied forces has been and is shot with the consequence of potential retaliation.

Do you think it's a bad thing that Bin Laden was killed

No.  

and/or Do you blame Obama?

No.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:50 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Do I think that there will be attempts at - maybe successful, maybe not - of retaliation? Yes, I do, and obviously I'm not alone in this concern, because otherwise our country and our military bases wouldn't be on higher alert.

Am I sorry that we got him? No, I'm not - not at all.

Do I blame Obama for this? No - for one thing, I do not consider this a "blame" sort of thing. However, I do credit our Dod - civilian and military for all the yrs of hard work they put into finding and eliminating him. Obama is the Pres who was in office when it happened - but HE, personally didn't find him, so I don't credit him with it (and, frankly, nor does Pres. Obama). And for the record, I would not have credited Bush with it he had been in office when it happened, either.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:58 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Why in the world would you blame obama?!? However, I do beileve things are going to get worse. We just killed their leader. Yes, he needed to be taken out, only time will tell what will happen next.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:53 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I don't usually do a lot of the big sweetpeas, but I just have to say to Jesse123456, in regards to what you just wrote -

clapping

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:20 PM on May. 3, 2011

• No I hoped if they ever caught him, they would kill him. Just wished it had happened alot sooner but thankful he is now gone.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:54 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Of course it is a good thing. Appeasement in any form is considered weakness, especially by "control-driven" countries which are almost always socialistic dictatorships. We will have retaliations no matter what we did. Fantastic job Team 6!!!!
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 8:14 PM on May. 3, 2011

• thank you

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:46 PM on May. 3, 2011