16 mo old tantrums

DD has realized that she can scream, throw herself on the floor, hit, and throw objects when something doesn't go her way (like if she's trying to get into the trashcan and I tell her no). For the most part I just ignore her unless she's hitting me, or something that might hurt. Then I will tell her no and try to move her into something else.
What do you with your babies tantrums? Sometimes all I ahve to do is look at her when she is doing something she knows she isn't supposed to do (like trying to climb the coffee table) and she just melts down competely.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 7:45 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I feel like I'm going through the exact same thing. Hurricane Lily comes through our house many times a day...
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:08 PM on May. 3, 2011

• isn't it crazy??/ Dh said today that she is bi-polar and he wants baby prozac lol. I came home from work and she was SOO happy and just played and laughed. Then out of no where she chucked a toy, hit me and threw herself on the floor screaming. *sigh*
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on May. 3, 2011

• OMG I am in the same boat my son is 16 months and just learned he can scream so loud especially in stores!!!!
    CNAsquared

Answer by CNAsquared at 11:31 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Our son is also 16mo and he recently discovered tantrums too...luckily, all i have to do is walk away and he figures out pretty quickly that Mama isn't interested in screaming and kicking boys. So now he just follows behind me when he would normally have a tantrum and tries to cling to my legs to get attention. I think it's adorable!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 4:16 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm in the same boat with my 15 month old. Yesterday was the first time that a trip to the grocery store was an ordeal! The worst part is when she hits me in the face.
    Kristinwarner77

Answer by Kristinwarner77 at 11:00 AM on May. 4, 2011

• DD slaps me too! I've tried just telling her no, don't hit, smacking her hand... It all just seems to make her madder! It's crazy
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on May. 4, 2011