If your sick does your dh so help u in anyway? help with the kids? anything?

i was very ill last week. on friday went to doc i have pnomonia ( sp) anyways sick and feeling like death i took care of our 5 yr old, plus my 14 yr old ( she did help me a lil ) and even delt with 12 yr sd running away to here and bm coming here to collect her i didnt mind her here but not my place and i was so sick and bm did say she was sorry. anyways house didnt get cleaned, kids fed fast. i just laid here i asked dh to come home one night to help me so i could go to bed. he didnt he kept coming home around 930pm 10pm. yes i know he was working but all i asked was for 1 night. i didnt get it. so do u get help when mommy is down for the count?

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 7:52 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• He helps when he can, but he works a lot. The last time I was sick he had no option but to go to work (so he says), and I pretty much had to deal with it and take care of my son by myself anyways. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to physically do. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:05 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Zero help. He is good about staying up nights with me when the kids are sick, but for me...nothing.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:08 PM on May. 3, 2011

• No help if he's working,its all on me.If I needed to go to ER or something he would come home.If he's at home he will do whatever I need of him though.
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 8:14 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes, always. He gets of at a decent time, 5pm and always helps if I ask for it, sometimes without asking.
    k.raine

Answer by k.raine at 8:16 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My DH helps weather im sick or not. If i ask him, he does it. or he just does whatever i need. he even calls to see if i need anythign during the day. lol I love him
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 8:26 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My dh has taken 3 days off when i was sick with a horrible flu that prevented me to do anything.He took care of the house and the kids, who was sick also sick. He also took off last week to sit in the er with me for 8 hours. He is very helpful when i need it, and i am so grateful to have him.
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 8:32 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes.. usually.. except this last time when ds got sick.. and I told him to help. This was at 3 am.. dh let me down then and I rubbed it in for a few days.. maybe next time he'll be on the ball.. but who knows. Just call me and you Supermom! Although sometimes I feel like turning in the cape to go lie on a tropical beach somewhere like Jamaica, mon. :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:40 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes, but your hubby may feel he needs the money and doesn't dare take time off work. Jobs are hard to come by now.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:48 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I consider myself very fortunate because sick, or well my "so" helps with eveything on daily basis! He cooks dinner every night, mops when necessary, does dishes....he does it ALL! I don't mind housework, but since I use a walker, he says it's easier for him to do the heavier house chores! I can't stand up very long anymore for about a year and a half!
    meatums

Answer by meatums at 10:18 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes. I was sick this past weekend and my husband got up with all 5 of our kids while I slept, on and off for most of the day. He fed them breakfast, lunch and he took them out for supper. The house was a little messy, but with all 5 kids home it gets that way! :) He has also taken a couple days off work at various times when I didn't feel good, or at least made sure my mom or his mom could keep the kids at least for a large part of the day and will always take the kids out to eat so I can rest if I need it.

Answer by missanc at 10:20 PM on May. 3, 2011