Does your hubby scold you at times?

Well he bought us a few nice bedsheets in different colors well it said NOT to put bleach and I put like maybe 3 caps of bleach which I did not think it would do any harm (I put the bleach into a small rag and threw it in the wash) well that little bit made 3 different areas of faded spots... My dh was so upset bc they were expensive (1000 count thread) omg and they really feel so good well I did apologize and he calmed down but still I feel like I let him down like I do not appreciate what he does. Now our leather sofa os another story I accidentally spilled a little polish so I get a dab of polish remover and...well.... You can only guess how that went... Why am I such cluts. Anyway he is ok but I'm sure he wonders of me sometimes :/
Thanks Ladies.... Venting.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• He needs to realize what is important and what isn't. Sheets and furniture you can replace...you being scolded will be remembered for a long time. You are not his child, you are his wife...he honestly needs to treat you with respect. Good luck :)
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 8:28 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I understand being upset he should at least offer an appology IMO

www.temptations18.com
    mom-quit

Answer by mom-quit at 8:35 PM on May. 3, 2011

• hmmmm . . . the times my husband has done that, he has wound up regretting. I don't take well to being scolded.
    Anonymous

• My boyfriend does this often, I feel like I am a teenager again living under my fathers roof. I get in trouble for loading the dishwasher incorrectly, not scrubbing dishes enough before I put them in the washer, for forgetting to check the lint trap, ETC. I never know really how to react when he does this, and if I try to stand up for myself and tell him to treat me like an adult and his girlfriend...then I j ust get in even more trouble. Im sorry you had to experience that. It does not leave you feeling good :(
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My husband "tries" to scold or correct me. Yeah....I don't respond well to scolding. He has noticed that it is a much better life for him- if he keeps his comments to himself. If he talks to me as an adult; that is fine - we can then discuss problems together.

Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 10:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• No, not really. He scolded me a little bit Saturday because I forgot and left the fish food on the table and one of our dogs got it. Sometimes I forget and leave things where I shouldn't...like my keys. My baby got them and lost them...that was months ago. We never did find them. He doesn't talk to me like a child or anything...it's more like.."Honey, you need to remember to put things up high"...that sort of thing. But it's a two way street. I've scolded him before over silly little things too.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:23 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I can understand how he feels! I am a nut about caring for things also, but just let him have his moment, and try to be more careful...lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:40 AM on May. 4, 2011

• No- I am his partner, not his child.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:19 AM on May. 4, 2011

• No. He does not. Not to say that he wouldn't be upset if I ruined something that was just purchased. But the way he spoke to me would not be in a scolding manner.
    Denise2000

Answer by Denise2000 at 1:19 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My husband realizes he is my husband not my father.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 4:22 PM on May. 4, 2011