What makes you wifey material?

What makes you wifey material? What if you have been with a guy for quite some time, have a kid together, cook for him, clean for him, make him a lunch every morning, wake him up, do all the wifey things and he won't SPEAK of marriage? What is the problem here?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• im not wifey material so i dont know i refuse to marry anyone unless i know that person is right for me and i havent found that one yet
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I do all the same things for my husband. We are recognized by the state of Colorado as married, but not outside the state. Talk to him. Ask him how he feels about marriage and figure out what is holding him back
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Well if you think all these things make you wifey material then stop doing them. What you are doing is a choice you made not him. As for him not speaking of it, he is not ready & you can't push them into anything!! Face it you are a woman. It's a big thing for them & sadly they are very slow creatures. So if he likes all the lil things you do then stop & when he asks why tell him that you are not wifey material so you aren't doing the wifey things. If you can't talk about serious issues then what is the point of being married??? Communication in a relationship is the KEY!!!
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 4:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• What makes me wifey material?

I'm loud, I fart, I laugh at my own jokes, I'm pushy, I'm shy, I sing WAY too loud, I gossip, I grab the remote, I drool when I sleep, I'm messy, I leave the doors open, I dance v. badly - and my husband still loves me - that's WHY he loves me - it's ME.

And just for the record - HE did not make the decision that we were getting married. WE did. We made that decision as a team, we made the decision to become parents as a team....that's the way we are. I was not a shuddering virgin coming to my conjugal bed all nervous and a'twitter. Neither was he.

It sounds like you need to work on your PARTNERSHIP before you can even think of MARRIAGE.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Ever heard the saying "Why buy the cow, if you can get the milk for free"? He already has a wife without the commitment! Stop acting like you're already married.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 4:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Not messing around. Cooking and cleaning and getting along with mil.That is the most important. And yeah looking great like a trophy wife, volunteer, political entourage chick.
    Anonymous

• Oh, boy he's comfortable. I would ask him to marry you.
    Anonymous

• Where I come from wifey is exactly what you are. Wife and wifey are two very different things.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Move out and tell him that you are not his wife so until you are you can just date.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I think what makes wifey material is not having his kid or catering to him until after he puts a ring on your finger. jmo
    Anonymous