Do you know a person like this?

Everything that someone brings up, whether its something about their children, issues in relationships, traffic stop, burned dinner last night, dog ran away, etc....this person has had the same thing happened to them and always has a detailed story to give about it and ALWAYS at the end, her and her family have always came out in the positive in every situation.
I work with someone like this and her stories use to make us laugh, but over the last few months, I noticed we have been trying hard to avoid her, even cutting her off in midsentence or walking away but she will find a way to have us hear her stories, after someone else has shared theirs. (even interrupting in meetings to tell her stories)

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 8:28 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't and I'm glad
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:31 PM on May. 3, 2011

• i know exactly what your talking about i have met people like that and i try to stay away from them to. Its really annoying
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 8:31 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My grandfather..... not really, but sounds like him. Has a story for every story you have. LOL
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 8:37 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes. Shes trying hard to fit in, sound like a little to hard but she means no harm by the annoyance. Dont ignore her, be patient with her. She will ease off when she feels excepted. (*Hint*) She was being excepted in the beginning by her stories... so you set the standards yourself on 'acceptance', now you want to change the standards... shes confused by this and trying hard to find the comradeship again. Hmmm, thank about that for a few minutes. I bet you can figure out how to fix this problem with out hurting hers or anyone elses feelings.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:38 PM on May. 3, 2011

• yes, it's very annoying. i can't go to her with my problems because she doesn't listen to them or offer advice, instead she goes on and on about her own problems and i'm still left needing someone to vent to!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:42 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yup, I think almost every one has known someone like this, or their dog is alway bigger than yours, so to speak.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:42 PM on May. 3, 2011

• nope and i'm glad because that would drive me nuts
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:47 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My aunts husband knows been threw everthing so he says
    flaka500

Answer by flaka500 at 9:47 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I don't know what is wrong about sharing things with others. Why don't you want to listen to her? Is it because she is a positive person and everything always turns out well for her and her family? I would be happy for her,.
    Avoiding her is rude. And I guess it might mean that you are jealous of her---because everything turns out well for her and her family. Good grief.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:34 PM on May. 3, 2011

• She sounds like my in-laws.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 12:23 AM on May. 4, 2011