Did we waste billions of US Dollars on Pakistani intelligence?

I find it hard to believe he hid in plain sight so close to a military facility. They just kept taking our $$$ & claiming not to know where he was. Cut off the funds now & put it to better use, like our children's intelligence- the education system could sure use some of that $$$! Your thoughts?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:30 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I agree. I find it hard to believe as well. It sounds like people thought they were wealthy businessmen, but no one ever noticed or checked on what was going on there at all. You would think someone would be suspicious about them. The Pakistani military is extremely ineffective at best, and at worst they were playing both sides. I would much prefer that money go to education or many other better uses than a country that is not truly our ally. It seems quite suspicious to me based on what I've heard so far, but we'll see what other news and statements are made in the near future.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:21 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes, we have wasted billions of dollars on Pakistani Intel. We have wasted monumentally more on redundant programs right here in our own country. Our government is really, really good at wasting money.

I also have a hard time believing that he was living so close to their military facility for so long 'unnoticed'. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:39 PM on May. 3, 2011

• i havent formed an opinion yet about this. on the one hand, how could they not have known? someone had to get food, supplies, and other stuff in and out of the compound. osama's main followers are notorious and pictures of them are on the most-wanted list also. on the other hand, some of the walls were over 20 feet high. the windows of the top floor where he was found were opaque, so even if standing close to the compound where a high wall wasn't in the way, it would've been impossible to see inside those windows from the outside. i don't know, but i do feel something is up.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:34 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Sounds like a plan. Who do we call to get the ball moving on that?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:45 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Probably not because their arsenal of nuclear weapons are a large part of our concerned interest with Pakistan. A nuclear war between India and Pakistan would not be in our best interests. Our presence may appear a steadying hand to India when Pakistan strays to the irrational. Notice that India is nuclear armed and yet, not appearing to be a threat. You might call this a miniature USA/Russia version of mutually insured destruction deterrent.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 10:35 PM on May. 3, 2011