Smart mouth!!!!!

how do I get my sd to stop smarting off ?

she's only 5 where does she learn this stuff!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• It depends how long you've been in her life. If not terribly long you ask her father to address it and let her know it will not be tolerated. If you've been around since she was little. You tell her straight up that it is not okay and doing it again will result in ( chose a privilige" she enjoys) then stick to it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• How old is she? Either way, find an age appropriate punishment EVERY time she smarts off. Get creative- make her do a writing penalty or at least a written apology on what she did wrong & how she could've handled it better. Once she realizes you will NOT put up w/ her crap EVER, she should come around. GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:36 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Kids are doing this younger now days. I suggest taking things away that she likes. Teens smart mouth me, they get priviledges taken away: computer, phone, going out. That hits home with them. You don't have to take it away forever, just explain she needs to stop speaking to you that way and she will get it back. Good luck :)
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 8:38 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I've been in her life for a long time and I'm her major care giver I have her about 90% of the time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:41 PM on May. 3, 2011

• They start younger. She is five she is in School now and is more likely writing and reading.
    Make a chart with good talking. When she does good talking when u tell her to clean up her toys then give her a reward for it and praise her like saying Thank u so much for not talking back like that, i like it when u talk nice to me.
    When she smarts mouths u- Tell her - Look this will not be accepted and because of it i am taking away (whatever she likes), and then go on to say to her, I am your mother therefore i tell u what to do and some day u will understand more.
    Then if it continues just ignore it the first couple of times, if she is doing it to get ur attention that is.
    It could be the TV shows she may be watching by her dads when he has her, or if he is with another girl who has older kids she may be learning it from them
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 8:51 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Kids learn what they live
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Simply (and gently) tell her that's not nice. After several times she'll catch on.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:33 AM on May. 4, 2011