Is there anything Else i can do for him and his brother?

On Friday my 7month old became crabby, i thought it was teething because i looked in his mouth and his gums are swollen. I gave him Tylnol and he was ok.
Then on Saturday he still was crabby and sounded a little congested and started to cough. I didn't think any thing of it.
Then on Saturday night the cough got worse, so on sunday i took him to the walk in clinic. The dr there said well he is not running a fever and doesn't appear sick i think it is teething. A cough is now teething according to him. Well i didn't agree and i wanted to know if i could give him something for sleep. The on call dr said he could have albutroal and if it doesn't get better by Monday bring him in and get looked at. I did what that dr told me and my son started sleeping. Around 11:30pm he woke up and was coughing more and crying, so i was up with him from 11:30pm-4:30am. My husband called work on Monday and we took him to the dr again.
Well Monday comes and my 3 year old son wakes up with the same cough. So i thought best to get him checked out too. We get there that dr says it is a cold and it has to take it's course.
SO for the last couple days i have been giving both of them warm baths with the top care vaporizer bubbles, cough meds, Childrens and infants Ibuprofen, had them rest, sucked out buguars, wiped noses, Dehumidifiers with mist that shoots out vicks vapors, pushing fluids, and making sure they eat.
On top of this i am fighting off a bug myself.
Is there anything else i can do, i feel so bad i can't do any thing else. If they are not better by Thursday or Friday i am taking them back to see their Pediatrician

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 8:40 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• vick's vapor rub on the bottom of his feet then put socks or booties on him he's feel better it's soothing and relaxing and there are studies in canada that say it works better than cough syrup with codiene!!!! i do it to my kids and my self it really works hope you all feel better soon.
    traren

Answer by traren at 8:46 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I agree with traren!!!!

Also, it may just be a virus and have to let it run it's course. Be careful with the Alubuterol, it can make little kids very hyper!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:59 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Honey can help stifle a cough and sooth a sore throat, but only for 3 year old.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:04 PM on May. 3, 2011

• :( so sad i hope they get better momma
    momma_amanda77

Answer by momma_amanda77 at 9:41 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Oh I know, it the worst feeling to not be able to take away their sickies! Sounds like ur doing everything u can for them to get better soon, just keep doing what ur doing and give them tons of love and they will feel better soon! GL
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:10 PM on May. 3, 2011

• GL sounds like you're on top of everything. And wow traren the bottom of their feet that is so cool im going to have to try that next time our house gets a round of the coughs lol thanks!
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:31 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I would stop going to that doctor because obviously hes an idiot. You just gotta let them rest, and dont give them too many meds cuz their immune system will suck.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:32 AM on May. 4, 2011