So explain this...

I hate being pregnant...it wasnt a fun experience...and I really really really cant wait for it to be over. Im not scared for labor or anything like that. Im SUPER EXCITED to become a mom. But what I dont get is why Im so freaking depressed. Like shouldnt I be happy that Im pretty much done!?!? Im 36wks as of yesterday...Im on the down ward spiral...but Im depressed as hell. The hubby can't get me out of my slump...and I have tried everything else. Please tell me its just hormones!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes its just your homones i felt the same way but afterward i couldn't be happier
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• It is!!!! I hated it too. Every second. But, I wanted to be a mom more than anything. Once you have your baby it will ALL be worth it. Everything. My next one I probably won't be as bad because I know how great the reward is at the end.

But trust me it's worth it and I felt exactly the same way.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 4:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Shoot I'm on my third in 3 yrs different pegnancies. and i want it to be over And i get to be cut open for a c-sec. I know how good the reward is and i still want it over. But yes it is normal.
    Anonymous

• I would talk to your doctor about being so depressed. It could be normal and just hormones, but being depressed in your third trimester is a sign that you're at higher risk for post-partum depression. Have you brought it up with your OB? I think you should.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• it's your hormones.......their unbalanced. You'll be fine

Congrats!!! I want a baby soooooo bad - I'm jealous
    kkgrls

Answer by kkgrls at 4:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Oh hun I'm so there with you. It's definitely the hormones...in a few months once you have had your baby and gotten into a good rhythm with him/her, you will probably feel TONS better! :) I hate being pregnant too, and was not excited about being pregnant a 2nd time (even though I want the baby of course!)

It's very normal for your hormones to be raging at this time - you are sick of being pregnant, your body is still working extra hard for the baby, you are probably subconsciously nervous about labor, you are anxious about having a baby in the house...there are tons of reasons to feel overwhelmed.

If you keep feeling this depressed, don't be afraid to talk to your doctor. Sometimes talking to a professional can make all the difference! And your doc won't think your crazy - because as we all said, this is normal! :) :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2008