Fresh Homemade Pasta

Has anyone made homemade pasta and then frozen it?
Just wondering how to go about it and for how long it would be good in freezer.

MrsDAP

Asked by MrsDAP at 8:45 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yes, it works great.

If you are making long noodles, after cutting them (or extruding them, but I prefer cutting) let them dry on a rack or tree for a while (until still pliable but will not stick together). Make a "nest" by draping noodles in a loose circle (I do about one serving of pasta per nest). Put into sealing, uncrushable container (I like a tupperware in a ziplock) and freeze.

To cook, bring water to boil, drop frozen nests into water and cook about 3-4 minutes. Don't defrost.

Frozen pasta is good for 3-4 months. Possibly more, but I've never had any last that long :-)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 8:52 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yes, I have. Before you can freeze it, make sure it is dried in a single layer for a couple of hours. Then place in ziploc type baggies. My grandma and great grandma made and frozed homemade spaghetti for a long time. Not sure how long it would last in the freezer, it never lasted long in their house.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:52 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Why don't you give me the recipe lol
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 9:32 PM on May. 3, 2011

• No, but now I want to try it. I make my own pasta all the time, but haven't frozen it before.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 1:22 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Hubby makes some pretty darn good pasta. Have had many comments on it and thought about giving some away as gifts. So, thanks KateDinVA..... but we've never had his homemade pasta last more than 2 days in the house.
    MrsDAP

Comment by MrsDAP (original poster) at 2:14 PM on May. 4, 2011