i'm 7 weeks pregnant can i dye my hair?

I heard that your not suppose when your pregnant?

cantwait071909

Asked by cantwait071909 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Best to wait until after the first trimester, but if you do (at any time during your pregnancy), make sure the place is well ventilated, and you can try getting highlights, which don't sit on your scalp as much. Frankly, I did get my hair dyed at 11 weeks, and two more times during my pregnancy, and my son is fine.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• you're not supposed to in your 1st trimester
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• yes u can i never did but i know plenty of ppls that have an it was fine just get a dye that doesn't have a strong smell that is sented
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• nope you cant dye it sorry i hated it to i get gray hair and im only 26 i get it from my dads side of the family tho and it sucks
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• You will be fine if you dye your hair. If you dyed your hair everyday then that's a different story lol. The ones you buy at the store aren't as strong as the ones in the salon. Your baby will be fine.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• u just cant dye it blond... every other color is fine for the first trimester....
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 4:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i agree with the last answer, blonde would be bad in the first trimester because of the bleach and stuff, but after the first trimester you can do wahtever you want! i dyed my hair blond while i was pregnant, of course after the first trimester and my lil peanut came out just fine!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i colorado my hair when i was around 7 weeks granted i did not know i was pregnant but everything is still ok with my little girl
    Anonymous

• I colored my hair at 9 weeks. My son is just fine, and I haven't had any reactions. Though you may want to think about streaks or highlights instead of a full color. That's supposed to be safer because of the foil and the fact that the dye touches very little of your skin.
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 6:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008