My 18 month old has such a terrible cough! I don't know what to do for her. It's horrible. 3 nights with no sleep and I can't function and she is miserable. What do I do?

She's been the the doctor, two days ago...prescribed an antibiotic and a cough medicine and nothing is working. I have her propped up in her bed, I really dont' know what else to do and I'm losing my mind. I am so tired and she looks so bad and she is so cranky.

Someone please give me advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Run a vaporizer when she sleeps. Put Vicks VapoRub on the bottom of her feet with clean socks on while she sleeps. You can sit in a hot steamy bathroom with her too. If she keeps up with the coughing, take her back to the doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:56 PM on May. 3, 2011

• People swear by the Vicks on the feet. I give spoons full of honey to my dd to help treat a cough too. Have you tried that yet? When she was younger I would put a spoonful of honey in with a bit of warm water and give that to her in a sippy cup. Good luck.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:00 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I would take her back to the doc if its that bad.When they are that sick and that young I wouldn't take a chance.
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 9:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• DO NOT EVER GIVE HONEY TO A BABY UNDER TWO!.....IT SAYS SO RIGHT ON THE HONEY BOTTLE GOOD LORD!
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:16 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I would try the vicks on the feet too at least thats what my daughters doctor told me to do to her and use a vaporizor it does work..
    goodgirl4913

Answer by goodgirl4913 at 9:43 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I'd take her back to the doctor.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:57 PM on May. 3, 2011