Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone receive temporary cash assistance from their state government? do you have to participate in work-related activities?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • In Wisconsin, it is REQUIRED that you are in work related activities, looking for work or under 12 weeks post partum. Otherwise, if you don't cooperate, you don't receive any cash assistance. You are placed according to work experience, educational test scores, etc. If you score too low for working or don't have a diploma or GED, you are placed in classes to accomplish that. Others are placed in volunteer positions to gain work experience, while others are placed in job search groups and look for jobs 40 hours a week.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:15 PM on May. 3, 2011

  • I use to get it awhile back and i had to work it off bu t my hubby decided to do it for me so i could be home with the kids..We were getting it while he was out looking for a job..

    Answer by goodgirl4913 at 9:26 PM on May. 3, 2011