what is good why get my 8 year oldgirl drink juice not so much soda and tea

sweetpea292

Asked by sweetpea292 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• you can buy the caprison juices and stop buying the pop and tea
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Juice is no better and loaded with sugar too. Try to have her drink flavored water with nothing added.
    Anonymous

• Don't give it to her. Opt for milk or flavored water.
    Anonymous

• I think first you need to stop buying so much soda and tea. If it isn't in the house you can't say yes.

To help encourage juice drinking you can get a variety of 100% juice choices and she can earn one AFTER she drinks a glass of water. In time you could even get her to drink more water by buying those single serve water flavors (like propel or crystal light) and letting her choose her flavor. They are like juice, but a little better for you. However you want to be careful with those too because they have the imitation sugar which can be harmful in large amounts.

Good luck.
    lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I usually hate when people say this but when it comes to food I believe it IS this simple-you are the parent! Just don't buy things you don't want your kids to drink or eat and if you buy some because you want it hide it up high or in a closet they cannot get to. Not just you OP, all the parents who ask how they can get their kids to stop eating junk! A kid is not going to go to the store and get a soda and chips on their own they need your money and if you don't give it to them they cannot buy the junk!
    Anonymous

• Stop buying it.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I dont give my kids soda unless we go out to eat and that isnt to often....I agree stop buying these things and she wont drink them..... I always have sugar free kool aid for my kiddos and they love it and its pretty much flavored water they also drink crystal light and alot of milk!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• WE use crystal light in my house. It's really sweet and has no sugar. They have an orange juice and an apple juice flavor. I buy Walmart brand MUCH cheaper! LOL. Saves money on Sugar and you get, I think, 5 in the canister for less than $2.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I say dont buy it, she wont want something that isnt there. Also i buy crystal light and the capri suns that are flavored water. I make my dd choose between the things i want her to have, she is four, i have to say either milk or water, which do you want, she picks one of my choices and we are both happy.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• She is 8 so if you don't buy it she won't have it to drink. Not like she is walking down to the store and buying it for herself. If you want her drinking more healthy drinks like milk or water then only have that at home. Also set the example and don't drink the unhealthy drinks. We don't have soda or juices in our home. We have water and milk. I do make fresh squeezed juices on occasion we typically eat our fruit better for you. You are the parent you control this.

Anonymous