Birthday party with out cake?

My DS' 2nd birthday Party is coming up soon and it's a Monster Truck theme. I'm Making dirt pudding with the worms and bugs and Tire shaped cookies. He is BIG on cookies and I think it speaks more to his personality. I'm going to put 2 trucks with dirt (oreos) in them and candles in the dirt, on the pudding. The cookies are going to say Liam Tires,like Ford Tires.

Do think it is alright for me not to have a cake??

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 9:04 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Absolutely! My son is not much of a cake eater either. We normally buy a cookie cake for him but I love your idea.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:06 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I think its alright for you to do whatever it is that works for you.
    Sounds super cute and I dont really think anyone will miss it, especially if this route is more suited to your son
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 9:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I think your desert ideas are cute!! They do sell small cakes for $8 or $9 at grocery stores if you feel like you really want him to have one- but I don't think he'll miss it.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• sounds good mom, will you have enough for everyone to eat it?? If so I see nothing wrong with your idea
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Totally! That sounds really cute, anyway! :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 9:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Sound cool!! I don't like cake... my mom used to make me a taco pie dip and stick the candles in it ( LOVED her taco pie). So sure .... I think that's just fine. ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• yea thats cute....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• What about some cupcakes decorated like tires or steering wheels? Just in case someone wants cake instead of a cookie. But you can do whatever you want!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:10 PM on May. 3, 2011

• No cake needed. As long as there is something with sugar that kids can get a sugar buzz off of, they wont care lol.
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 9:12 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Cake is nice but I think it's fun when there is an unexpected twist on dessert at a party, and I am a huge fan of the dirt pudding and I have made it for a few parties and it's always a HUGE hit. So I think you're good to go.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:13 PM on May. 3, 2011