How do I balance work, husband, kids? And manage to still have time for myself and going out on dates with husband.

lmorga006

Asked by lmorga006 at 9:07 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I solved that by getting rid of the husband...
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 9:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• That's almost like asking "what's the meaning of life?", "Which came first, the egg or the chicken", lol. Honestly, what helps me is being organized and having a routine. When I do those things, everything thing else just falls into place.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• For your ME TIME, make/get your DH to watch the kids. Then date night. Get a babysitter to watch the kids.

Answer by louise2 at 9:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Good question!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• BAHAHAHAHA @ sleepycupcake
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• We had to start scheduling EVERYTHING when it got hard to fit it all in. We made a Google calendar with absolutely everything, including prep time for meals and bedtime routines. It might help you get on track.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:33 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I think the "I" in your sentence is the problem.. Doing all that needs to be done can not fall on one person. Hubby really needs to be involved also (not saying he is not) But the more help you get, the more time you have for each other together as a family and alone.. Less stressed mommy, not as tired and daddy gets nookie more often LOL.... It is a balance, and being organized helps a lot.. Setting time for activities and dates in advance is a great thing also..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:35 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Keep trying different things to get organized and soon it will all fall into place.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:42 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I make it a note everyday to only have so many chores on my list per day. Like tomorrow I'm going to do laundry and pick up the living room. The rest of my day will be spent with the kids and doing what I'd like to do for myself. (Like read) Then the next day I might help the kids pick up the toy room and their rooms. (Hubbs takes care of dishes and the kitchen that's why I don't add that to my list) That way when it all comes down to it I'm not overworked.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:46 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Let me know when you figure it all out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 4, 2011