Can you still ovulate with out a period?

My old lactation consultant told me that you can still ovulate even with out a period. Is this true? And please only answer if you know for a fact and are not just guessing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• yes you can still ovulate all that means is that your ovarie release a egg. thats why if your breasfeeding they tell you to still use some form of b/c cuz even if you dont get your period back you still can get pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Well its been almost 2 yrs. since I gave birth to our son and my period are off and on. So when I dont get my period for a couple of months, does that still mean that I can get pregnant?
    Anonymous

• Yes my cousin has had two kids in the 3.5 years that she hasn't had a period. Good luck.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• yes it is possible. But most of the time no period means no ovulation.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• yes when u're breastfeeding, u could ovulate without knowing simply cos u've never seen ur period since u put to bed. That explain why someone could take in again while her period had not returned. This is why Billings method encourages charting even while u're brestfeeding
    vicfranchy

Answer by vicfranchy at 5:00 AM on Dec. 5, 2008