IS anyone on the Birth Control pill called Yasmin? Can you tell me about it?

I heard it won't make you gain weight. Is that true? I also heard it's good to enhance your mood and acne. and of course prevents pregnancy. Sounds like a wonder pill! Just wanting someone to confirm this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Health

• My doc said it does all of that plus it can take care of unwanted facial hair as well. I tried it and I got very depressed so I stopped taking it but I am the only person I have ever heard say that. Everyone I know that is on it LOVES it.
    Anonymous

• It gave me migraines. So they switched me to Seasonique. The migraines got worse and lasted weeks at a time. I gave up and had Essure so I won't have to take the pill anymore. The longer I was on the pill, the more depressed I got, and the angrier I got at just about everything that moved in my line of sight. It really sucked. I must say that being off the pill is AMAZING! After a couple of weeks off the pill my DH looked at me and said "I really missed you." It was apparently that bad.
    icook

Answer by icook at 4:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• How much is Essure and you can still have kids after right?
    Anonymous

• This didn't work for me at all. It was not a high enough dose to regulate my cycle.
    I was sooo glad to get off it
    Anonymous

• The cost of Essure depends on if your Dr. does it in office, or under anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. Personally, I had mine outpatient and went under IV anesthesia (didn't want to be awake for that!). Our final bill was around $1000 after insurance, but my DH's employer reimburses us for that after a certain amount. I think we will only be spending about $200 out of pocket. It is NOT reversable and the only way to get pregnant after it is through IVF. This is not something to consider if you want more kids in the future. However, we are done and do not want more. Since this procedure is not surgical, it seemed to be a better option than a tubal!
    icook

Answer by icook at 4:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Go to www.essure.com to read all about the procedure.
    icook