Hello all can anyone give me some insight about becoming a mary kay consultant?

i_am_sum1

Asked by i_am_sum1 at 9:38 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• For starters to have success you must at least have 5O friends/family members willing to buy your products on the monthly basis.
    Anonymous

• bump
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:02 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't do it uness you are committed, have a lot of extra time on your hands, and have good communication skills. I did it for a little while and ended up with probably $600 of products I didn't sale. :(
    Jillian529

Answer by Jillian529 at 11:17 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Knowing people who use MK and you know for sure would buy from you on a regular basis is key also.
    Jillian529

Answer by Jillian529 at 11:18 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I worked Mary Kay for a month and then left it for a better compensation plan, and an easier way to make money. Mary Kay is based on product, if you don't sell product you don't get $$. If you go inactive for 3 months you can't sell anything unless you have a 200 dollar order. If you are inactive for a year you have to resign with that 100 bucks again! they stress inventory so if someone wants it you can give it to them in a NOW fashion, but I personally payed a lot out of pocket to keep myself going. It wasn't worth my time and I found something better, instead of 1/2 the $ of what I sell, I get a 103 dollar commission instead! Works for me!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:46 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I did it for a while, and I hated the whole ordering system. You needed to order your products and then store it and sell it. Well for a newbie it is hard to know what product to keep in stock, and what you will need. I also found it very hard to get clients.... my family was NOT supportive and would not spend that much $ on makeup and most of the people I talked to either did not like the product, thought it was too expensive or already knew 5 people who sold MK. Needless to say I ended up with a ton of MK stuff, and I ended up being my own best customer.... since it was paid for and sitting there (and not selling) I figured I might was well just use it up myself.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:21 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I started my Mary Kay business back up recently and am loving it, if you want more info just PM me. I would love to talk to you about it.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 4:21 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I did not wake up one day and say I want to be a Mary Kay Consultant. I read the facts and asked alot of questions. I joined 2002 and I am loving my Mary Kay business too. The business is working for me and I enjoy menotoring others also. Mary Kay beauty Kit is $100 +tax +$8.75 shipping. An active consultant can send you a link to join online. Our products are impulse buy that is the reason we have product on hand. Mary Kay customers want to purchase their product on the spot. The company does not require consultants to have product on hand. You decide if you want product on hand or not. You will receive on going training. Training is not a requirement, but it will help you know your business as a consultant. If you
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 1:56 AM on May. 24, 2011